Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Money Man Redux

This is the original image of Sam Mrozowski that I posted last week.  I realize that the scan is very dark and severely flawed with scratches and sloppy focus.  I do like the mysterious nature of the original, but there is a fine line between willful mistakes and proper printmaking.
This is a retouching of the same image, done by David Goldgaber.  I like this version as well, specifically because it is now clear that Sam actually has a body and he doesn't simply blend into the shadows of the background. Unfortunately, this brighter version makes my original mistakes all the more obvious.  Still, many thanks to Mr. Goldgaber.

Also, if you are in New York, be sure to check out the School of Visual Arts end of year film presentations for more of Dave's work.  Make sure to get in touch if you'd like more information.

No comments: