Friday, March 06, 2009

Graham Goes To School



First graders are always trouble, no matter the school, country or native language.  Or so I should have been prepared as I started my first days teaching a bunch of youngsters at the Colegio Jean Piaget here in Buenos Aires.  I do not speak all that much Spanish (though that should read little to none), the kids are quite young and have not yet managed to master 'Hello' and 'Goodbye', so my experience so far has been a bit trying.

There are some exceptionally rowdy kids, giving the entire enterprise somewhat of a Lost In Translation meets Dangerous Minds vibe.  You can read an exceptional account of my first days over at Hop Top.  I will keep you updated, just wish me luck and hope that if this adventure is really like any movie, the movie better be Sister Act II.

No comments: